Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Tuesday, 10 January 2012

Tag Tuesday

I think I might have a new obsession ..... Tag Making for the Tag Tuesday Challenge.
 It gives me my art and craft fix on a nice, small scale, and I get to use up some of my stash too.
This is what I entered last week:

Week One ~ Snow
Here is my first entry for Tag Tuesday. I saw this challenge on Diane's blog at Heartshaped, and couldn't wait to join in. I've really enjoyed looking at all the stunning contributions, but feel more than a little intimidated by the talent out there to be honest!
I used a photograph taken in last year's snowy weather.
It's mounted on silver mirri card(although it looks gold in the photo) and is sprinkled with silver glitter and iridescent sequins.
I've wrapped the tag in white and silver ribbons, and added a snowflake button. The letters are from K&Company.

Week Two ~ Snowsports and games

This tag has an embossed and hand painted background, with white acrylic paint and glitter on the roof tops. The frame is also embossed, and has an acetate window with a few silver snowflake peel-offs. It's attached to the background using sticky pads to give a 3D effect.
The snowman is a topper from a Kanban card making set, which I've altered with gel pens. To finish I've added a few pearl beads to the frame to represent snowballs, and the tag is threaded with a pale blue shimmery ribbon.

Many thanks to Carolyn for hosting here ~ I've spent the last week drooling over the wonderful snow tags. There's such a great variety of techniques on display.... and the quality of artwork is truly amazing!
You should all go and take a peek!
I'm looking forward to seeing all this week's tags!

11 comments:

  1. Hi kathy, have popped over from tag tuesday, love your blog:)
    Tags are great aren't they, let's you try something new in a small way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, I just love them. This would be such a fun craft to do at night while watching TV.. I need to give the computer a rest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are both lovely. Well done
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are both really lovely Kathy - I feel a bit as if I'm sat at the back of the class too!! But I love being involved and I'm learning such a lot from everyone else. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm very impressed with your tags. Best wishes, Pj x

    ReplyDelete
  6. They're beautiful Kathy! This idea reminds me of ATCs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. They're lovely! I daren't start another challenge though (much as I'm tempted)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are lovely tags indeed!
    Looking good!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like your interpretations of the themes. It's fun when you're involved with a group of people in a craft, seeing what you all come up with.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails