Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Monday, 21 June 2010

Ouch!

We were back at the hospital this morning to get my stitches removed .....
all I can say is OUCH!!!
It didn't help that I had a student nurse doing the deed ... being closely supervised ....
she was lovely but I was more than a little nervous when she was struggling to get her sterile gloves on.
I actually had staples rather than stitches and they were removed with what can only be described as a staple remover!

Anyway, it's done now and it feels so much better already. The staples were really beginning to bother me over the weekend.
I've invested in some Bio-Oil to rub into the scar ... it was recommended by the pharmacy ... but if anyone out there knows something better I'm willing to give it a try.

Meanwhile, on a lighter note this was seen on my lawn this morning......
Inca has taken to storing her favourite toy in one of the holes she has specially dug just for that purpose.

Other people's blogs show beautiful gardens, with lush green lawns ... or hens scratching around ... I don't think I 've seen a pig on a lawn recently! It's a good job we've got a sense of humour!

6 comments:

  1. I'm feeling it for you! Hope alls gone well and you can just start putting it behind you. Loving the pig!! xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I had my knee replacement in January I had staples too.53 of them!!THe district nurse who removed them recommended rubbing vaseline into the scar.I don't think it made much difference.My knees are definitely not for public viewing!Hope you continue to feel better.What is the next stage of treatment, if any?How long will you be off work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Inca! My post yesterday showed a pic of our garden, complete with Oscar's pile of sticks, branches and logs. He keeps them all together in the middle of the lawn. They get moved when the gets a mow, he promptly puts them all back again. There's never a dull moment with a lab! Glad you're feeling on the mend. Ros

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oink Oink!
    Hope you're not feeling too sore now.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That piggy doesn't look too happy! I hope you are feeling better now. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pig makes me laugh! Hopefully you are feeling up to laughing as well. Glad to hear that the staples are removed, and you are feeling a bit better.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails