Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Sunday, 12 January 2014

Works in progress...

I've got a few creative projects going on right now.

Work on the knitted throw continues ....
It has now got one quarter all sewn up, and there are lots and lots of knitted squares waiting to be connected in their rightful place. It's a slow task, but I'm really enjoying it.
For Christmas I was given a Project Life Kit, which is a new ('to me') way of scrapbooking.
I figured that this year will have lots of nice things going on, so it would be good to have a memory of it all as it happens.
I don't think I'll be using it as it's intended, where life is recorded weekly (or even daily). I'm just going to add to it as and when things happen. I've had fun sorting out all the card inserts and making new ones of my own.

Meanwhile, I'm working on a special scrapbook project to celebrate Mr B's retirement. My colleagues in school wanted to make a memory book of the last twenty years, and asked me to collate it all together because I'm the 'crafty' one on the staff.
I'd forgotten how much I enjoy scrapbooking, as it's been a while since I've done it. There was a time when I scrapped everything that moved!!!! It's been lovely delving through my stash again.
I have to find little pockets of time when the man is not around, and I'm keeping it well hidden away.

I've been dabbling in art journaling for a while, and have just discovered a new project I want to join in with. It's called Journal 52 and you follow prompts to create a piece of journaling each week for a year. I'm hoping to doing this every week .... but I'm notorious for starting things and never finishing them, so we'll just have to see how it goes.
Finally, this year I have to create a garden.
We've had the garden landscaped over the winter, and there's lots still to do.
Come spring time we're hoping it will be ready for planting up. I'm really looking forward to this project. I foresee many visits to lovely garden centres coming up over the next few months.

14 comments:

  1. What a lovely way to commemorate the last twenty years worth of school memories. He doesn't look old enough to retire! Ros

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely projects you have on the go at the moment, especially the scrapbook and it will be lovely to see the progress you make with the garden makeover x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some wonderful projects there, like the art journal and so looking forward to seeing the garden transformed. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking forward to seeing the garden makeover. I also have a Project Life kit but haven't got round to using it yet - maybe one day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some wonderful projects there, Kathy - it will be hard keeping the '20 years' journal a secret but what a wonderful keepsake it will be. Look forward to seeing what you do with your plot in the garden:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like you have lots to keep you busy! The garden looks so inviting. Being stuck in the middle of January makes playing in the dirt and planting things seem very appealing! Thanks for the link to Project 52.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got lots on. I'm sure that your husband will love the scrapbook. Jx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of a scrapbook for your husbands retirement it's a great idea. Co-incidentally, I signed up for the Project52 this weekend and looking forward to making a start, probably with prompt no 2 and then catch up with no 1. Hope you enjoy it. Like you I'm prone to starting these things but not completing them. Watch this space!
    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like you're going to be busy for the next few months! I'm looking forward to the 'after' photos of the garden.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great set of projects- it will keep you busy no doubt-Thanks for the link to project52- i was wanting to be a bit more arty and this might be the way forward:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a busy time ahead of you, no wonder you've got to retire, it's so you can fit it all in!
    I bet your husband will be thrilled with the memory book.
    Looking forward to seeing how your garden grows.
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sarah,our daughter,has started an art journal.She was inspired by an amazingly talented lady we met at Yarndale.I have been equally amazed at what sarah has produced.She uses water colours,fabrics,papers .I bought her a book which is called 365 journal writing ideas for xmas.Yours looks great.I wouldn't know where to start as I can't draw!!Keep showing us peeps and good luck with the scrapbook.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my goodness, my heart just skipped a beat when I saw your blank canvas of a garden!! What are your plans for it, I'd love to know.

    Just popping over to say hello and thanks for hitting the follow button on my blog. I get giddy with excitement every time I see the counter go up!

    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an enticing space that garden looks. Hope you'll keep us updated with your garden centre progress.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails