I'm running a bit late on this one,
but welcome to a brand new year, full of hopes and possibilities.
Normal life is slowly resuming on the Paradise Peninsula after the Christmas slump.
The decorations have been stowed away in the loft for next year.
The house is looking decidedly bare.
The boy has gone back to uni.
School starts again this week.
All uneaten chocolates will be put on the staffroom table to remove temptation from this house,
and I will be aiming to cook healthier food again.
Some resolutions have been made .... more a list of 'shoulds' and 'coulds' ...
I should start to read more worthy books
and less about 'cupcakes and chocolate shops in Paris!'
I should try to lose a few pounds
I should try to improve my fitness
I could get the bike out and actually ride it!
I could walk up Catbells in the Lakes by the end of the year.
(This has been on my list for about four years now so we shall wait and see!)
One thing that WILL definitely be happening in 2014 is very exciting .....
we are both retiring in the summer!!!!
Mr. B will be is having a big birthday in June and is retiring at the end of the school year, and I am going too. (But I insist on telling everyone that it's early retirement in my case, as he's a bit older than me!)
So we're on a final countdown ......
119 more get ups for Mr. B and 73 for me in case you were wondering.
After a few years of just talking about it, it's finally happening!

Wow, that'll be amazing to retire together, what an adventure! I'm so happy for you both!
ReplyDeleteI've been running for the second time this year after a month's enforced break, and I'm shattered, but glad I did it :)
How lovely that you have taken the decision to retire at the same time. Good on you! Hope the countdown passes quickly and smoothly.
ReplyDeleteOh lovely to start planning your retirement together, definitely do Catbells. Its a lovely walk (only don't go on a bank holiday! You can't move for people at the top!!) x
ReplyDeleteHaving already taken that path, I wish you both the health and happiness we have shared in our retirement and hope it is as rewarding for you as it has been for us.
ReplyDeleteGood for you- it will be great to start your next phase together. I love the first photo too- it's clever. Oh and if you do decide to do Catbells I'll be living back in Cumbria then- I could meet you at the top:)
ReplyDeleteThat's exciting. Circumstances beyond my control (including 9/11) have managed to whittle away my retirement pot, so chances are I'm going to have to work at least part time forever...... I'm so jealous. There's a lot I could do if work didn't get in the way.
ReplyDeleteI took that route a couple of years ago and I love it although my other half is still working.
ReplyDeleteGillx
How exciting that you will both be retiring this year! There are so many things you will be able to do that you couldn't before due to a work schedule. :-)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations... that's going to be the beginning of a really big adventure! Jx
ReplyDeleteWhat an exciting time as you countdown to your retirements and move to the next chapter of your lives xx
ReplyDeleteYou will love retirement!We have a great life,very full,very busy but doing what we want to do.Lots of holidays,lots of socialising etc.Enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteWow how exciting, I am sure you will both really enjoy it. You do realise though you will have no time to do anything then. xx
ReplyDeleteHappy New Year! An exciting time lies ahead, you'll love being retired and wonder how you ever found time to go out to work:) some good coulds and shoulds but I'd forget about the worthy books and just read what you enjoy - if that's stories about cupcakes, chocolate and Paris then why not?!!
ReplyDeleteHappy new year and what an exciting time ahead for you both!
ReplyDeleteA couple less get ups already!
Lisa x