For our second week in Switzerland, we moved to a quiet little campsite in Chatel Saint Denis close to Lake Geneva. While the scenery was not so dramatic, it was still incredibly beautiful. We were drawn to the lakeside a few times .... it was a lovely quiet spot for an evening stroll.
I would have loved a trip on this steamer, but it whizzed in and out so fast, while we were still dithering about, we literally 'missed the boat'. Oh well!
In the distance we could see Chateau Crillon, which also looks worth a visit, but not with a dog sadly.
There are miles and miles of flower filled borders around the edge of the lake at Montreux.
And every so often you come across a quirky piece of sculpture, which could be anything at all. We saw cars, bikes and even a bathroom sink.
This statue of Freddie Mercury is probably the most popular in Montreux. It was so busy, I had to queue up to take a quick snap. It pays tribute to the wonderfully flamboyant singer who had a home here.
Further around the lake at Vevey, we found an enormous fork. I did say the sculptures were 'quirky'. It was near a museum devoted to food. No sign of the knife and spoon though!
Another popular stop .... Charlie Chaplin, who lived here for over twenty years
But my favourite sculpture of all has to be this lovely lady ready to take the plunge!
So, what did we make of Switzerland?
If I had made a list of what I expected to see, then it was all there...
Incredible lakes and mountains
Amazing chalets
The Swiss flag is everywhere .... absolutely everywhere.
Our campsite was surrounded on three sides by fields of cows. The bells ring when the cows are eating.
Did you know that cows eat all through the night. I didn't .... but I do now!!!!







Love the sculptures!
ReplyDeleteIt all looks amazing. I believe Freddie would have been 67 today if he had lived. His statue is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteFantastic sculptures and the views of the lake are amazing. Thanks for sharing your photos with us.
ReplyDeleteWe loved it too. I'm now busy planning our next trip so I'll be ready if Tony gives me the go ahead. We're hoping to see the Matterhorn next time.It was lovely to see your photos of these familiar places. Thanks for giving me a second helping of a wonderful country.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing - have enjoyed seeing some Swiss sights! fantastic scenery....love the sculptures...the fork is quite something...as is Freddy!
ReplyDeleteThere's a great selection of excellent statues here, the guy sitting on the tripod seat is my favourite but the bicycle wheels and fork are great fun. But celebrity is the thing of the day so it has to be Freddie that needs queueing for.
ReplyDeleteWonderful photos Kathy and I've noticed in many of them some fabulous cloud formations especially the one on the lake with the boat. I never got around to seeing Freddie in concert and regret this often. His statue was great as were the others.
ReplyDeletePatricia x
Love the giant fork and the lady ready to take a dive. Wonderful photos - thanks for sharing. I cannot for the life of me understand who can use an old toilet in a garden.
ReplyDeleteIt's lovely to see your holiday photos and it's been great for me catching up with what everyone has been doing over the summer- It looks like you had a lovely holiday- the sculptures are amazing.- It's nice to be back:)
ReplyDeleteIt looks like you had a wonderful holiday. I particularly liked the fork sculpture - very clever! Jx
ReplyDeleteLove the photo of you with Charlie Chaplin. The statue of Freddie Mercury is brilliant too. I spent my honeymoon in Switzerland but in Interlaken - it's a beautiful country.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy,Thanks for your lovely message.You never know,I might just do that!
ReplyDeleteGreat to see the photos of your wonderful trip.I love to be near water when I'm on holiday.
Bellaboo X
It all looks so fresh and clean xxx
ReplyDeleteThat last sentence made me laugh! Next time you'll have to take earplugs!
ReplyDeleteSwitzerland looks beautiful and fresh, all that clear air and the lakes.
Love all the sculptures, esp that fork!
Lisa x
Wow! Feel like I came too. Brilliant photos. Glad to see you had such a lovely time! Ros
ReplyDeleteHello Kathy! I know I've already left a message on this post. I wanted to leave one on your latest post, but could see nowhere to do so. So I'm here!!!! Sorry to hear things are not going so well. You've had your fair share over the last couple of years. I hope things improve and your worry can disappear. Thinking of you! ROs
ReplyDeleteLike Snoopydog above me, I too tried to leave a message on your most recent post but couldn't. I hope things are starting to improve for your family. Hugs...
ReplyDelete