So, we've been home for a few days and I've had a bit of time to catch my breath and reflect on the highlights of our holiday.
Our first week was spent in Matten, near Interlaken in the Jungfrau region of Switzerland.
I promise you, this is the view from our caravan, it's not a postcard.
Regular readers may recall that our trips away usually involve looking at rock. We were here to fulfil Mr B.'s long held wish to see the Eiger, and it didn't disappoint.
This was our first glimpse, from the little town of Grindelwald ......

We stopped for a cold drink in a beautiful chalet hotel, and Mr B found a way to take a closer look.
Boys' toys!
Later in the week we took a little train up to Kleine Sheidegg, an hour's climb into the mountains with the most amazing views.
Inca was a bit nervous getting on the train and had to be lifted up, but she soon settled down at our feet as we rose higher and higher.
One man and his dog heading for the hills.
While Mr B. was transfixed by the mountains ahead, I was delighted to find the meadows were filled with Alpine flowers.
After a short walk we came upon the most beautiful lake.
Inca was straight in! A welcome reward for her patience on the train!
We noticed that all around the lake were huge boulders inscribed with the names of all those climbers who have lost their lives on the Eiger. Personally, I think everyone who is planning the climb should be made to come here first.
There are even more harrowing tales in the exhibition inside this little hut.
While Mr B. was happy to sit and gaze at the mountains, I enjoyed sitting on this bench .....
my shoes were off, and my feet were dipped in the bubbling waters of the fountain. Refreshing at first, but flipping freezing after a few minutes, with the water coming straight from the glaciers above!
Lots more postcards to come x



It looks beautiful. Lovely photographs as always.
ReplyDeleteOh wonderful pictures. Wish I was back there. Saving up so we can return.
ReplyDeleteMore photos soon please
What gorgeous pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful holiday. Those stones with the names of climbers who lost their lives is rather chilling.
ReplyDeletestunning photos, that clear water where Inca was swimming, is just breath taking!
ReplyDeleteInca seemed to work out that the water was pretty cold. She didn't seem keen to join your feet in the fountain! Jx
ReplyDeleteWow!
ReplyDeleteI am always in awe when I see railways that have been constructed up and around and through mountains. Thank goodness for such visionary people who made it possible for others to go and appreciate such stunning scenery. And thank goodness for holidaying bloggers who take such terrific photos to share.
I can't believe how clear the water is that Inca is swimming in!
Lisa x
How beautiful. I would love to see that in summer, having been there in winter for the first time over December. Truly breathtaking :-)
ReplyDeleteIt is so beautiful there. The first shot reminded me of my home here in Utah but then I knew it was not by the second photo.
ReplyDeleteGosh how beautiful it was there. Glad you had a lovely time. Stunning photos Kathy.
ReplyDeletePatricia x
really beautiful scenery. Looks like you had a lovely time. The photo of the lake is stunning - such clear reflections of the mountains. hope you feel recharged! xx
ReplyDelete