Are you all enjoying the Diamond Jubilee celebrations? Pity about the rain!!!
On Friday we had a Red, White and Blue day in school with fun activities all day long. The highlight was a great feast "street party' style out in the playground. We were incredibly fortunate with the weather, as the sun streamed down on the proceedings all afternoon.
This is the view from our rooftop playground.
A royal occasion needs a crown ....
Our P.A. had worked so hard and did us proud!
The chocolate marshmallows melted in the sunshine and had to be licked ....
Meanwhile, up on the roof itself we had a disco ....
with a guest DJ doing his hip- hop moves
As always, the girls were dancing and the boys were nowhere to be seen. (They were actually rolling around on the newly fitted astroturf)
Later, Her Majesty dropped in to give us a royal wave ....
Great fun .... a day to tell their grandchildren about! I hope they remember it!




I love your school spirit and enthusiasm. I think is is wonderful that the children can have a party where they can actually have a goodie. I think I told you once before about our healthy eating program. No cupcakes, cookies, juice or anything else a child would love to have at a school party. How sad for us:( The Queen must be so honored to have everyone spilling with pride for her and their beloved country.
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun, the thing childhood memories are made of.
ReplyDeleteGillx
Fab photos Kathy! I do so miss working in a school!
ReplyDeleteVictoria xx
Yes, a memorable day. I wish I could just hop on a plane and come over for the festivities.
ReplyDeleteOH my what a fabulous day for the kids! Can't wait to see more!
ReplyDeleteJulie
What a really lovely day you gave the children. I still remember the silver jubilee celebrations we had as children so hopefully these children will have great memories of the diamond one because of all the hard work you all put into it.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
it looks like a grand time was had by all :)
ReplyDeleteBet they had a great time, looks like lots of fun.
ReplyDeleteIt looks like a great day with lovely weather, and how nice of Prince Charles and the Queen to pop round!
ReplyDeleteYou were very lucky with the weather. At our school we did our Jubilee party on Thursday, everyone dressed in red, white and blue or came as a King or Queen - one of the Teaching Assistants was a look-a-like Queen having even curled her hair for the occasion.
ReplyDeleteUnfortunately when we had our tea party on the playground in the afternoon it began to rain so there was no Maypole dancing - however they did it on Friday instead.
Brilliant! Love what you did! We had a similar sort of day except that we had a picnic rather than a street party! I loved dressing up at school, always so fun!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful! I love the guest DJ!!! x
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way to celebrate - you really were lucky with the weather! The staff of school obviously have a great deal of imagination and I'm sure the children will remember this all their lives. Well done to everyone:)
ReplyDeleteI'm sure they will. LOVE Prince Charles. xxx
ReplyDelete