We've just returned from a few days in the very beautiful Mallorca.
We don't often do this sort of holiday, as we usually tend to go somewhere in our caravan during half terms, but this year, as the weather has been so awful, we couldn't resist the call of the Med!
We hired a car and explored the northern part of the island, all blue skies, golden beaches and high mountains. Just stunning!
We stayed quite close to the old walled town at Alcudia.
Soller's little train.... we didn't get a chance to ride on it but it's on my list for next time.
The lighthouse at Cap Formentor.....Majorca's most northerly point.
The scary road leading to the lighthouse ... sheer drops on my side of the road!!!!!
This is what the sun looks like ..... I haven't seen it for so long!
There are so many of these little coves around the coast.
How the other half live! The marina at Port d'Alcudia.
I'll show you were we stayed in my next post.


How beautiful! What an excellent. House for a vacation!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous! I can hear the rain outside (not drawn back the curtains yet!) so this is just perfect. I long to see blue skies and feel the warmth of the sun again.
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful looking place, must have been nice to feel the sun on your skin.
ReplyDeleteEnvy! xxxxxxx
ReplyDeleteGorgeous photos Kathy! Looks like you had a fabulous time!
ReplyDeleteVictoria xx
Glad you had a good time and enjoyed the sun.We have been back from Spain a week and sunshine is a distant memory but it was good to feel those rays for 12 days!
ReplyDeleteOh it looks so heavenley. I don't blame you for wanting to get away, the weather has been crazy, I've never known a June like it. Still it looks as though you had a lovely time x x x x
ReplyDeleteIt looks utterly beautiful & after the weather we have had, I think it was a wise idea to escape....
ReplyDeleteThe tiny bays look stunning.
Lx
The colour of that sky is perfection. Don't blame you for escaping, glad you had a lovely time.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
Oh my goodness, what beautiful photos! I'm seriously jealous of your vacation! Looks like you had a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteMary
Wow Kathy, the color of the water is stunning. The sun was certainly bright enough too. What a wonderful vacation you must have had.
ReplyDeletethank you for reminding me what the sun looks like Kathy! ain't seen it round here lately.
ReplyDeleteThe photos are stunning what a lovely looking place...another for my list I think.
xxx
Sunshine and blue skies - it must be a dream!
ReplyDeleteI have not had a holiday for years so thank you for showing a glimpse of the sun! Thank you for the beautiful blue skies too!x
ReplyDeleteIt looks lovely after all this rain, my husband suprised me with a 3 day trip to Mallorca last year for our anniversary - he's never so much as suprised me with booking a table in a restaurant before (or since!)Seems like you brought a bit of the sunshine back with you.
ReplyDeleteWOW! Gorgeous photos. A good time of year to go too, I would think! I'm already looking forward to the next installment. Enjoy the last few weeks of term. Ros
ReplyDeleteLooks beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteSal x
I am SOOooo needing a beach trip. It's 116 degrees here today, ugh. Thank you for sharing, these pictures took me away!
ReplyDeleteI have nominated you for the Sunshine Award because you bring sunshine into my life.
ReplyDeleteRuth from http://dianstimpanalley.blogspot.com
Hope all well with you Kathy? Conscious I've not seen you post for a while - hoping you are either 'end of term busy' and (like me!) giving blogging a break from necessity! xx
ReplyDeleteI just love travelling along with you through your pictures and posts. I hope you are doing well.
ReplyDeleteHi Kathy! I hope you are well and wish you a lovely summer break. x
ReplyDeleteHope everything is ok. You haven't blogged in awhile. Just checking in to make sure you and your family are all well.
ReplyDeleteJust stopping in to say hello and hope all is well.
ReplyDeleteHello Kathy
ReplyDeleteI just popped over to say hello and wish you a lovely weekend. It's wonderful to see you have just enjoyed a very nice holiday and your photos are beautiful ... so wonderfully clear and blue.
Sending hugs your way
Very best wishes, Carolyn x
Hope you are well Kathy missing your blog been a long time! In particular the scavenger hunt take care x
ReplyDeleteDear Kathy - you know we miss you. I hope that you are OK and would love you to come back. PS I went to Liverpool and didnt see any curlers!! xxxxxxxxxxxxx
ReplyDeletehope all ok kathy? x
ReplyDelete