Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Thursday, 9 February 2012

Fancy that!!!!

I was on a course this afternoon, when I heard someone say 'Are you Kathy?'

Another teacher had recognised me from my blog photo!!!!

Fancy that!!!

Then, suddenly, I knew who she was too .... she had read my blog last year and commented on a few of my posts, and we had e-mailed each other for a while.

We found we had so many similarities in our lives, it was uncanny..... both primary school teachers in Merseyside, both our daughters had been to Durham Uni at the same time and had mutual friends (but didn't actually know each other) .... and so it went on.

It was so lovely to meet her in real life, and today we found we had more things in common too ... we're co-ordinators for the same subject in school, and her husband went to school with someone I know!

We're hoping to meet up again on the next course in April!

Isn't blogging an amazing thing!

23 comments:

  1. absolutely....a whole other dimension to our lives isnt it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fancy that indeed! What a lovely surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree, blogging is an amazing thing and who would think we would develop blog friends.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Certainly is and brilliant when you can put a face to the name you know so well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really nice Kathy! Hope the course was good too! Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is so wonderful to meet blogging friends
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, fantastic! I've had a few people recognise me out and about from my blog, it is a wonderful feeling! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've only been regularly blogging since November and think it's brilliant. I've 'met' so many lovely people and been inspired into taking up new interests that I never dreamed I would ever do. How lovely that you literally met up with someone who you share so many interests with

    ReplyDelete
  9. It certainly is Kathy. Nice that you made a new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Blogging certainly makes a small world even smaller sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is so much fun!! Yes, blogging is an amazing thing, especially when you get to connect with someone in person. It sounds like you have a new friend :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think it's great how we all make connections with people we'd never otherwise meet.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Its a wonderful small world - I love it when that happens. Ive done it a couple of times now and its lovely. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. How lovely to meet with someone you had been in touch with and whom you will meet again. It is such a small world sometimes blogging is amazing isn't it?:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is the oddest thing to recognise a blogger because you can't always think where you know them from! Sounds like you have lots in common!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Spooky! Blogging certainly opens up new Worlds to us! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. How lovely to meet a fellow blogger and find that you get on so well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's great when that happens.We had a Xmas card from old friends who had been looking at wedding photos of Terry's best friend's son and who should be on the photos but us.Terry lives in Bristol,his best friend's son from Shrewsbury had married our best friends daughter here in Mold!!Small world indeed.(Hope you can follow that)

    ReplyDelete
  19. How funny that you have so many things in common!
    Here's to Blogland!
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  20. That's amazing! Makes the world a much smaller place!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm glad you were nice to her...I did that to someone once at a blogging conference, and they wouldn't talk to me. They just smiled a walked away.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails