Well, the tale of woe from my last post just gets worse. Our poor car which had never, ever let us down, cannot be fixed .... or rather it would cost so much, it just isn't worth it .... and there is no guarantee that even after spending nearly £2,000 it would ever be reliable again. So we've had to abandon it. I cried at the garage when they told us ... it was my car, and I was heartbroken.
We are so shocked over the whole incident .... that we have been unable to function properly for days.
So now, we have to get ourselves another car, otherwise we can't use the caravan, and we will be spending our holidays on our driveway!
We have been in negotiations for this beast today .... so if we can get it all sorted by next Monday, we will be able to salvage some of our holiday. Fingers crossed!!!!

cars oh they make me crazy with all the money they eat.
ReplyDeletecathy
What rotten news! Who would think anything could go that wrong with a vehicle that seemed OK. Here's hoping that you find something suitable so you can continue with your holiday. More fingers crossed (and toes)!
ReplyDeleteWhat a shame! Hope you manage to find one and get the deal done fast but you really don't want to rush into it either do you?
ReplyDeleteCheers
Helen
What a nightmare hope you get sorted v. soon and can get to France xx
ReplyDeleteOh poor you. I'm so sorry about the car. Hope you can get something organised to try and relax after all this stress. You certainly need to. Take care. xx
ReplyDeleteOh Kathy, I hope you can sort out your car troubles and get on with your holiday, it must have been so disappointing for you all, fingers crossed it's sorted soon..
ReplyDeleteLizzie
xxx
oh I'm so sorry to hear your car has broken down, such a lovely looking car too!
ReplyDeleteIf you're on the look out for a v.reilable car I have a Honda CR-V, its 13years old and has NEVER broken down, except when I left the lights on and drained the battery! We don't religiously service it, but it just works lovely! and pulls the caravan like a dream! (also is a 4x4)
But I really feel for you, to come at such bad timing. Hope it all works out soon
oh no that's awful , I do hope you get something sorted out soon x
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear your news - what a worry for you all and sad too as good old cars are like safe and reliable friends and it is hard to part with them - it has happened to us over the years - I do hope you get something sorted out so that you can get going on that much deserved holiday! take carex
ReplyDeleteOh that's awful. Hope you can get another car sorted soon and at least manage to get away for a holiday, even if it is shorter than planned.
ReplyDeleteKathy , that does not make sense...Land Rover would be horrified that such a new vehicle is unrepairable. Have you had a second opinion?
ReplyDeleteHope you can salvage some of your holiday....
Julie x
Oh dear - so sorry your holiday has been spoiled. I've cried over cars too. And I cried for those poor people at Manchester airport on the news last night who've lost their holidays too!
ReplyDeleteDo hope you get away next week.
Keeping everything crossed it all works out ok for next week.
ReplyDeleteLisa x
You poor soul, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you x
ReplyDeleteWe have just changed our (big) car this week.I have a Toyota Aygo which runs on fresh air and has £20 a year road tax.For longer journeys we prefer something bigger so C decided oue 07 car needed upgrading.So we shelved out squillions of pounds from our retirement pot.I really resent spending money on cars but know it has to be done.So I know how you are feeling but thank goodness it didn't let you down in France.Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon and you can head off.Keep us posted.
ReplyDeleteOh no, this isn't good news, I hope you get something sorted out soon. Cars are just sooo expensive, it's a joke xxx
ReplyDeleteKathy, I can see why you are so shocked about it, to have lost your car and having your plans changed, when so looking forward to your holiday, in one way the car didn't let you down, at least you weren't half way across and it happened. Hope you are on your way soon.
ReplyDeleteJan
Is it worth getting a second opinion? just a thought....
ReplyDeleteOh I'm so sorry to heard the bad news about the car. Hope you get something sorted soon so you can get away on holiday.
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry. I would be upset too. I hope you'll be able to go on vacatios though
ReplyDeleteOh that's too bad about your car. It's not only annoying, it's expensive. I do hope you find something so you can have that lovely holiday in France.
ReplyDeleteAnne xx
My car had a flat battery this morning just as I was about to take my son to nursery and I thought that was bad enough (luckily our builders were able to jump start me.) So sorry to hear about your car being un-mendable (is that a word?!); really hope you can get off on your hols soon.
ReplyDeleteJust realised I wrote that the builders jump started 'me', which could be read the wrong way - I meant to say, they jump started the car!!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear of your car woes!! I hope you manage to get away at some point and have a rest. ((HUGS))
ReplyDeleteOhhhhh, heavens! Enough talk of it must have happened for a reason...this just sucks! I'm so sorry for the loss of your car...they DO become part of the family. I've been known to shed a tear or two (or three) when mine have left my possession! I am still of the opinion that you were SO very blessed to have had this occur while you were still close to home. Good luck with the negotiations...I HATE that part! Hugs, Annette
ReplyDeleteFingers crossed that car negotiations go well!! Ros
ReplyDeleteOh, I'm so sorry :( Consider yourself the recipient of a big hug
ReplyDeleteGAAAARRRRGGGHH!!!!!!!!!!!! Ax
ReplyDeleteWhat rotten luck! At least it happened before you got to France. I am really sure that your holiday will be all the sweeter once you eventually get there!!! x
ReplyDeleteOh no! I would be gutted too.
ReplyDeleteMind you that is a bit of a beastie......
Lx
your blog is lovely and such inspiration, hope you get to go on hols and get some sun on those toes
ReplyDeleteOh no, nightmare! Hope you get sorted and can get away soon x
ReplyDelete