Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Thursday, 30 May 2013

Currently ...

A snapshot of my life in May:

Reading
I haven't actually started this yet, I've been saving it up for a while. I do like a good historical novel, and have a soft spot for anything about Richard III. This is about his wife, Anne Neville.
I hope it's worth the wait.

Eating
Right now I'm trying to eat less than normal, in an effort to lose some of the pounds I piled on recently. Feeling sorry for myself after surgery was a poor excuse to fill up on too much chocolate, cake and biscuits and now I'm paying the price!

Drinking
I only drink fruit teas at home, but I can't resist a frothy cappuccino when we go out. The addition of chocolate on the top probably wipes out the 'trying to eat less' regime aforementioned.

Wearing
My new favourite item is a Breton top, which I've wanted for ages and ages. In my head I will look like this:
only not so skinny .... and certainly not those earrings!

Making me happy
Family and friends!
Mr B. is home from work on half term, our son is back for the summer from uni, we're going up to Newcastle very soon to see our daughter, my best friend has returned from 18 months in New Zealand, and I had a lovely lunch with another good friend yesterday.

Watching
Right now I'm watching the rain pouring down, and wondering when I can venture out to take Inca for her morning walk.

Thinking about
What to pack for our trip to Florence next week. I'm hopeless at packing a suitcase, because most of my holidays are taken in a caravan and I just fill the wardrobe with lots of 'stuff' for all different scenarios. My husband despairs of me!

Fed up with
Sadly, it's the same answer as last month ..... the weather. I can't believe how awful it's been,  with no signs of improvement on the horizon.

Oh, quick, the sun has just peeped out. I might chance that walk after all!

12 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your Currently posts. I hope you don't mind if I copy your idea at some point. :-)

    Florence sounds like a wonderful idea. I'm sure it won't be raining there. Have a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy Florence.I hope you get to go to Pisa.The Leaning Tower is an amazing sight.Like you I need to shift some pounds.Why is it the pounds pile on easily but can't be shifted easily.I have no will power.i walked down to Mold this morning but then we went out for lunch and I had a large glass of wine which negated the calories lost on the walk!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Breton top, Philippa Gregory book and a cappuccino sounds like 3 goo things to me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that outfit and would certainly wear those earrings. Enjoy Florence xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post. I love the outfit pictures - I've stopped going on Pinterest because I kept seeing all these fabulous outfits and it would have cost a fortune - tried putting together my outfits but they NEVER looked that good!!! Enjoy Florence - look forward to any posts on your experience xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. The book about Anne Neville will be very good, not read it but read about her in the past. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOoh, lots of good things here. I do love Breton stripes! I have given up regular tea until my wedding and so I am also on the herbal teas- mostly mint!! I do miss my tea!! I'venot read any of those Gregory books x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good historical book. This was a fun post. It was like having a visit with you and you telling me what is going on in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you have lots of lovely things happening! My Mr and I went to Florence a few years ago for a few days and loved it, it is such a beautiful city.
    M x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh the sun has to come out! I'm escaping an Australian Winter in 2 weeks time to holiday in your part of the world! And I saw your post about the Lakes District.....oooooo, I'm attending a wedding there when we arrive, I'm so excited, you captured some gorgeous images!
    Have a lovely weekend x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you've done this post. Might borrow it if you don't mind.
    I'll be interested to know what you think of the Philippa Gregory novel. I've read a couple of hers and really enjoyed them. Problem is then I believe the whole story. They seem so plausible, that they really are the "inside" story of history.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely post, lots of nice and interesting things, I hope you have a great time in Florence:)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails