Art Journal

Some thoughts and pictures from the
Beautiful Paradise Peninsula

(otherwise known as the Wirral)



Saturday, 12 December 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like .....

A collection of glass jars holds greenery and flowers on the kitchen window sill.
I bought this heart shaped wreath in Milan a few years ago.

A simple white star on the tree in the living room. A red glass angel bought in a Christmas Craft Fair in York last year.
Homemade shabby chic decorations ...... I dried the orange slices and tied them onto bundles of cinnamon sticks. Raffia and fake berries complete the look.

This is our new 'living' tree in the conservatory. I vowed I wouldn't pay the money for one from Gordale Garden Centre, but hey ho, here it is! It is quite small but very cute. The plan is to keep it in the garden until next year. We''ll see!
It just fits nicely into the corner of the room by Inca's bed.
A Christmas collection on our new dresser .... the little tin snowman was a bargain at just £1 from Poundland.
The teaglass comes from Krakow, and I loved this card of Father Christmas so much I framed it years ago and it comes out every Christmas.
And of course it wouldn't be Christmas without our treasured Crib collected over many years on holiday in France. Most of the figures are twenty years old, with some more recent additions like the camel which we bought in Brantes.
I love the memories that come flooding back when the decorations come out of their boxes.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails